Friday, February 10, 2006

Interesting January

The doctors at St. Luke's Medical Center were puzzled by my sudden heart palpitations. Did my arrythmia had anything to do with it?

It was my former boss' birthday and my team was in charged of the catering. On the day of the event, I woke up with heartbeats so fast, it was like having a cardio-workout. My mom had to do emergency ECGs on me and the doctors gave me medicines to make my heart beat slower. It worked but not until midday, when I started feeling it again. This time I had to be taken to a cardiologist. We were set to go to Baguio the next day so I had to get a doctor's clearance. I did get one but I was not excited to go on a trip. Not when I was feeling sick.

I gave in to my dad's request, so we went on the 6-hr drive to Baguio city. It was my dad's high school reunion and I was preparing myself for the most boring 3 days of my life. And yet things got interesting.

When we got to Baguio, it was so cold (even colder than my office), that it was better to stay in the car than outside. We had dinner at the mall (SM Baguio) and it doesn't have air conditioning (and still very cold). There was a band when we got there and lots of college and HS people were roaming around. It looks like any other mall but it was built on a mountainside and you could see its lights wherever you are in the city.

Taken from the Nativity Scene at the Good Shepherd's Convent, Baguio City



The next day proved even more weird as we entered into the academy's different world. We attended a lot of unsual activities (unusual for me!) and we got to meet a lof of new friends and re-connected with family and old friends. It was definitely NOT a boring weekend. As I was sick the entire time, it was so tiring to go around places We didn't get enough rest as we were ushered into doing another thing or meeting somebody else, we were rushing all the time. It was tiring, fun, and hectic.

But one thing that stuck with me the most was how different and how odd were the lifestyles of these PMA people. It was like looking into a different dimension. Thank God, I live outside those walls. Hahahahaha. When we got back to polluted Manila, I felt better.

I spend the rest of January doing transitions at work and saying goodbyes to so many people, had a send-off lunch, dinner, and gimik. I had to be ready for February's new challenges.

No comments: