Not the one found in New York City ok! It’s Philippine Plaza Hotel. This one is found within CCP Complex, pass the Manila Yacht Club and Navy Headquarters (Ate Bing, remember that Corregidor trip on board that big navy ship with Tito Mauro, ahm Colonel Hebreo pala? Uhuh, let’s not go there anymore. Hahaha). And we knew it then as Westin when Michelle and Hilda and the rest of UST High Seniors had their prom in the grand ballroom. (Oh yeah, when we were struggling with 3.5-inch stiletto hills, cocktail dresses, and strict school administrators! Remember they had to turn on more lights when the dancing started because some seniors – even juniors – are doing exercises not particularly appealing to Father De S****’s eyes! Hahahaha)

I had a post birthday celebration with close family and friends last Sept 17 at the plaza. I missed a lot of good friends. Hey you guys owe me. All of you have either migrated or miles away. But for those who are within Metro Manila area (except for Grace, Golda, ok fine isama si Jackie and Hilda – ay parang may isa pa dapat ha – are excused) hmph ewan ko sa inyo, I know were your priorities now lie. (wow, guilt trip!) And for my friends who were there, thank you for sharing the day with me. I know how tired you all were since some of you were coming from work and other extra-curricular activities. My parents are also grateful for your presence.

First thing we did after an early check in at 11:30 am was to reserve a table for three at the Spiral Resto (where international cuisine is served for buffet including lots and lots of desserts, an interesting one was the three-layer black and white chocolate “clay pots” – I don’t know what it’s called though.)

Good thing we reserved early since the place gets all filled up especially for dinner. We got a good place by the window overlooking the sunset by the bay. My parents and I had an early evening meal as most of my friends will be coming in for late dinner.




They said I should have worn anything red since it was my bday celebration but it was a good thing that I opted for pink. All of the guests were wearing red! If I were Chinese, I would have had good luck overload. We were like auditioning for a spot or something. We had seafood dinner at - gosh I forgot the place (what was it Cha?) at Macapagal Avenue right? Hahaha, sorry I’m not familiar with the place. We had blue marlin and squid and prawns (by the way it was Cha who suggested the place but she was allergic to seafood, well pag-bigyan, yan ang nagagawa ng nagwowork pag Sunday! Peace girl!). We finished off at 10ish and got back to the hotel where we did some photo-shooting by the pool side. If Ellen had only brought some swimwear then we would have had a quick dip, hahaha, mga addict sa pool! (yup, HongKong style – from the airport to the city tour to the hotel and finally to the pool at 11pm! Balik tayo dun!)

After everyone left, Cha and I went for some desserts at Icebergs. The complex looked a little less gloomy with the bunch of restos and tiangge at one side and Star City at the other. Yet, there are still a lot of scary looking dark places. After an Oreo cookie sundae and a classic banana split, Cha dropped me off at the hotel lobby. If we both didn’t had early meetings come Monday morning we would have stayed out longer.
It was passed midnight when I got back and I was so tired. Oh well, it was a great day. Muah, Muah, Muah. Love you all.






No comments:
Post a Comment