Monday, August 14, 2006

Bamboo

There’s a lot of Bamboo going around, I keep on seeing (and bumping into them at the office) and hearing them everywhere especially after that RX 93.1 concert we saw last week at Dish (oh yeah, plus that Eastwood concert as seen by Cha). Funny how a lot of girls (both young and old) would scream their lungs out whenever they see a glimpse of Bamboo, Ira, Nathan and Vic (even if they’re too far out that you can’t make out their faces anymore). I could still remember that one Christmas street party – it was quite late and people were drinking the night away (with all the free booze!!!) and were getting bored but when the band strutted up the stage, everybody were singing and dancing and swaying their hands to the music. Now this would have been an ordinary scene, but imagine prominent and respected people doing that, well it could be downright hilarious!!! Big industry names (both in entertainment and news) were literally storming the stage and the streets. If only the cameras were rolling that people may see how crazy these people can get, of course save for those few sane (but tipsy) people like us!

Anyway, the RX 93.1 concert was ok. We had good seats (almost near the stage) but I hate closed door band shows since you’ll be leaving the place as stinky as your nose can tolerate. The place was supposed to be smoke-free but what do you expect from people who rummaged the bar and ordered every nasty tasting (and weird sounding) alcoholic drinks they can get their hands on. So we left the place, smelling like we smoked a thousand packs of cigarette, eewww!!! My eye allergy acted up again and Cha’s voice was so hoarse, she did not sound like Cha at all. Dina, on the otherhand, enjoyed the evening so much especially when she got her ticket autographed by Bamboo and got so close to him that she could see the rashes on his skin (and we thought he was flawless, hahahaha). Zhylle had to go back to the office as she was on duty that night – but after seeing Rocksteddy, Sandwich, Sugarfree, Barbie, Hale and of course Bamboo, she was on high. I wonder what Ellen’s cousin thought about all of it. The kid was practically glued to his seat but was awfully silent the entire show. As for May and Mike, well this was the first show I watched with them. And of course, Meanne, who came all the way from Fairview just to be with her beloved Mr. Mañalac and his fellow bandmates. Hey girl, can I have a copy of that video you took?

A midweek gimik is not a new thing to me, but after being strapped to my project at the office for the longest time I can remember, it surely was a welcome break!!! (Even if I didn’t get enough shut-eye and was almost asleep in my desk the next day, hahaha.) Rock on everybody!!!

No comments: