Saturday, June 12, 2004

Living a Little

Ok, here we go... However hard it may seem, I try to balance my life between toxic city (aka the office) and school. Believe it or not, living a little wouldn't hurt you. You get to let down your hair and just relax. It restores energy and positive thoughts. The week has been tougher than ever and the pressure has never reached this level... I was literally on my wits end, and I was on the breaking point. Makes me wonder how long I could keep my act together.

Last week I told my friend I'd drop the class. I just couldn't imagine how I could continue on. It was just so DAMN HARD. However, my friend was so cruel and kind enough to tell me that I was just chickening out and that I was so weak as to let others' words get to my head. My friend believed that I could do it if only I could believe in myself. We've been through the toughest blows and my friend just couldn't let me give up the fight. Fortunately, I had the heart to listen to my friend's wise words, and with a lot of guts and PERSEVERANCE, the proposal draft was deemed ok by the professor and scheduled my mock defense for next week. Now, that's one leap of faith. Thank God for that!

Back to the office... Just wanna say thanks to a good friend and colleague who made me feel that I wasn't exactly alone in the toxic pit. With luck and providence, we might be able to swim out of that bottomless abyss.

Things are back to normal at home. Bonding time was reduced to an hour or so of watching old movies on DVD.

And so, I deserve to have some peace and quiet today. (And maybe have dinner at that good vietnamese restaurant.) Looking back, I realize that life will bring on some nasty stuff, but however bad it may seem, there's always something to look forward to.

No comments: