Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Still Alive

Yup, I'm still alive. After that horrifying second round of mock defense, I'm happy to say I'm sort of relieved. One hurdle is over and several more hurdles are coming my way. I deserve some ice cream!!! But it's almost midnight, maybe a slice of cake would do. yum yum.

The week was heavy, so to speak, I did that supergirl thing at the office again. Trying to squeeze in too much work in a short time while others have spare time to enjoy extra-curricular stuff (bitter me!) But it sure was worth it all. 

It was my mom's birthday last week but the celebrations will be done next weekend. I just love birthdays, it's one of life's wonders! 

I remember recently writing in my previous blogs about my High School friends getting married and settling down, well, I just got an email from a friend who said she just got married. I was happy and excited for her and at the same time apprehensive about the thought that my friends and I are somewhat in that certain age when everything you talked about in high school is finally coming true. It's just weird cause here I was, leading a rather uneventful life and then somebody I know halfway across the world is giving up the game! Wow, the girl has guts and obviously a whole lotta lovin'! And then another friend will be tying the knot in 5 months! Whew! But I know these people and I know that they are happy and blessed. And as for me, I'll try to live through my thesis and my job, no life-changing events for me, no siree! Well, maybe not just yet. 

No comments: