Sunday, September 19, 2004

After One Month

It's been a month since my last post and so many stuff have happened. After the thesis proposal defense, I made so many revisions to the final document that I was only able to pass the final "final" thesis proposal during the final examination week. Fortunately, the head panelist and another panelist was able to sign the acceptance sheet with the exception of one panelist who I think was out of the country that time. And so the long agonizing term was over and fortunately I passed it. Now I would only have to finish the final document in a year's time or maybe shorter. Hopefully it's shorter.

I bought a digital camera! My choice was the Canon Ixus 500 (in Asia and Europe) also know as the Canon PowerShot S500 (in USA) or the IXY Digital 500 (in Japan). 

I didn't knew it had so many names until after I purchased it. But it's a cool camera, with a lot of features that I'm still figuring out. You could say I have a new hobby, digital photography, I even bought a book about it! I am thinking of setting up my own photography blog (of course, this is for my mom who's my number fan!, hahaha).

Early September, I got a job offer from a telecommunications company, it would have been my greatest joy yet there was one big problem: my thesis. I could not resign from my present job since it's my thesis topic. Even if I had the connections, moving into a new company who surely jeopardize my ties. It was a hard decision to make. Here was an opportunity and yet I was ignoring it. This thesis thing is making me sacrifice a lot. With a heavy heart, I decided to decline the job.

I turned a year older this month and with my new year comes bigger challenges. My family and I had a simple celebration, heard mass and went to dine in a good restaurant. The next day, all of us, my titas and cousins, went to a resort and spent the whole day lazing around the pool. And of course, I spent most of the time taking pictures of everyone.

An old friend of mine will be coming home from the states next month. Hey purple queen, I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Are we gonna hear wedding bells soon?

These were the highlights of the past month, I did leave out some little details. I just feel like the writer in me wanted a vacation. Anyway, nice to have delpoy in the house. Ok, that's it, arrivederci.

No comments: