Friday, February 24, 2006

Crisis

The only thing I could remember about the famed Edsa Revolution of 1986, was the noise of the several Tora aircrafts as they passed by our home. Classes were suspended for weeks and the adults were glued to the radio and TV. I sensed that there was something big going on, though playing with my Barbie dolls seemed a better idea. It's their 20th anniversary tomorrow.

Today, uniformed men were strolling the halls of my workplace and by mid afternoon, entrance to the parking lots was blocked off. Nobody can get in. And we were asked to go home by noontime. By this time, people are starting to flock to the streets.

One of the downsides of city living (especially in Manila), is that whenever there are threats or news of anything that could bring thousands of uniformed people and unsuspecting civilians together in the streets, everything around seem to be in a standstill and all hell breaks lose. For one, whatever economic rise we seem to gain over a period of time, we would eventually lose in a second. Educational and industrial organizations likewise suffer with it. But I'm not about to get in a futile tirade about politics. It's just crazy how we do stuff here.

Anyway, speaking of crisis, I'm grateful for all those wonderful people who prayed for my grandma's recovery. She had hip surgery and other post operation complications, but thank God she's home now and on her way to recuperation.

The past week was tiring work-wise - still in the adjustment phase. But for now, I thank God it's Friday. Can't wait for a great weekend.

No comments: