My friend Ellen and I were treated to a night of culture as we saw the Korean Chamber Choir (conducted by Dr. Lee Pan-Jun) and the Novo Concertante Manila (with choirmaster Arwin Tan) sing the night away in celebration of AILM's Silver Anniversary. Their repertoire included Korean songs, excerpts from Mozart's "Le Nozze di Figaro", and other great songs, Paraiso (Ryan Cayabyab)and Cirle of Life (Elton John) were crowd favorites.

Korean folk music is lively and meaningful. Surprisingly in the middle of the concert, the conductor instructed a Korean girl to give me a bouquet of flowers. I didn't know what it meant so I took it and said thanks, hahahaha =)

After the concert, Ellen and I went to Pancake House to have breakfast (just kidding), dinner of course, and made chika til the waitresses were giving us dagger looks that we were forced to head out. Anyway, that was fun. Ellen, what's our next stop?




No comments:
Post a Comment