Friday, February 02, 2007

Pragmatism

Enough of this. It just won’t do anymore. I’ve been through a hell lot of confusion, transformation, realization and finally now my awakening. I gave you enough reason to believe I meant otherwise and I meant well in spite of what happened. You were right to say that you can’t measure up to my expectations. And I am sorry for you. You would not and could not be able to do that not before, not in a million years, not ever. I’m way passed bitterness and frustration, now I pity you and surprisingly too I want to help you.

But every time I try to get to you, you tend to stir up unwanted emotions. Why do you keep on doing that? Are you not satisfied with what you did? What are you so afraid of? Only you have the power to set things straight and yet your guarded heart tends to push people away. I want to be there if you need me. But will you ever need me? I want to be a friend to you. But do you even know what a friend is? It seems to me that you don’t. You think as if you do but you act otherwise. A friend can be so tolerant of your faults and misgivings with far more patience than an ordinary acquaintance or family and much less than that of a lover. You don’t seem to know where to draw the line between these.

Do not even try to assume whatever role you think you may have in my life, coz to me it’s plain and simple. You’re just here to make me learn something. You’re just here to let me know imaginary happiness is fleeting. You’re just here to let me know what I am not. But will you ever know that? Of course not, for now I know this is only an exercise in futility.

I give up.

1 comment:

Delpoy said...

You deserve a reward for finally giving up. But beware of the emotional relapse. It happens when it would be too late for you to realize it did. And when it does, uh-oh, you have to keep me informed. And by that, you know what I shall give you. *evil grin*