Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Strawberries and Secrets

We almost didn’t made it again and that person who always makes fun of my making-any-plans-and-not-pushing-through-with-them would have had a hell of time rubbing it in my face again. Well, well, well, look who’s talking now, scaredy-cat?

Not that I’m intentionally doing it every year, but this year I had to come. I had lots of unresolved stuff in me that I needed a quick getaway but an out of the country trip was impossible given the conditions. And besides, my ate and I already planned for this trip.



With Ate Love

(What stuff you ask? For one, I seem to lose focus in everything that I do. I was only getting by on auto-pilot and my enthusiasm seemed to have ebbed away. Sorry can’t expound on that. Then of course there’s that “only child” treatment - no need to explain that further. And another would be my chronic indecisiveness on “the” perennial thingy and the annoying naiveness that comes with it - don’t even ask what this is about.)

Hilda and I headed out for 4 stress-free days 250 kilometers up north. The hotel proved to be useful since everything was in walking distance though the pedestrian overpasses were quite scary.


Views from the hotel

We ate just about anywhere we can think of and walk wherever the winding uphill roads took us. It was fun to walk around the city and just mingle with the locals as if we had all day.


We walked the familiar tourist route too with ate and took the usual pictures and attended the graduation of course. (Congrats, bro!)



Yo, Hilda! Advance Happy Birthday! (Good luck in your USMLEs)

But what made it a memorable one were the long walks, serious talks, the bonding, the trees, the strawberries, the food trips and all that sleeping.



Food Trips

If I had to account every single thing I had to do to make this trip work, every one of them was worth it. I’m glad I’m back home but I’ll definitely gonna miss that place with all its weird memories.


At the Baguio Country Club

Yet I had my complaints though (oh yeah I whine a lot!) but then I enjoyed every minute of my stay there.


Are you really having fun?

Oh and about those issues, Dr Hilda and I have a new game plan. It’ll take a lot of work and we’ll probably end up in different parts of the world but it would be fun. Partying is over though and we gotta get back to the ‘serious’ stuff.


Leave all your woes, stresses, heartaches, and secrets in Pine City. And maybe, you’ll get what you wished for.

No comments: