Yes I know I'm not updating my blog as much and even though the stuff kept on coming, I still didn't have the enthusiasm to write about them. Until now...
Only a few people know that I'm very prone to seasonal depressions (and now you know) and that I do a lot of crazy things when I'm depressed. Like those times when I disappear for weekends because I just wanted to be away from it all. Or that time when I bought all those books and ended up reading only half of them because I didn't like their themes anymore. And there's also that shopping spree (which I would very much like to rid myself of) and mall hopping bad habit of mine. But hey, everybody have their low points and their own ways of coping. What's important is how we bounce back.
This is NOT one of those depressing and angst-ridden entries that this site has been churning out since who knows when. I've decided to post anti-angst stuff for now (so if I begin to write about torments again, just holler ok!). My former boss called it bright ideas (I got this "bright idea" from the ManCom -Management Committee meeting I attended last week). I call them "things that keep me young".
Only a few people know that I'm very prone to seasonal depressions (and now you know) and that I do a lot of crazy things when I'm depressed. Like those times when I disappear for weekends because I just wanted to be away from it all. Or that time when I bought all those books and ended up reading only half of them because I didn't like their themes anymore. And there's also that shopping spree (which I would very much like to rid myself of) and mall hopping bad habit of mine. But hey, everybody have their low points and their own ways of coping. What's important is how we bounce back.
This is NOT one of those depressing and angst-ridden entries that this site has been churning out since who knows when. I've decided to post anti-angst stuff for now (so if I begin to write about torments again, just holler ok!). My former boss called it bright ideas (I got this "bright idea" from the ManCom -Management Committee meeting I attended last week). I call them "things that keep me young".
Things That Keep Me Young (and makes me smile – in no particular order)
Ice Cream

Hugs and kisses

Snorkeling (those are fishies, if I only had an underwater camera…)

Making wishes while knocking on the church doors (when it’s the first time you visit the place)




Being all twisty while playing Twister!



Beaches from all over






Hollywood crushes


Silly friends and their silly jokes




Team buildings




Office Lunch Breaks and parties (not eating in the pantry area, hope building admin won’t see this)


DVD Marathon (Friends is my fave)

Food Trips








Swings and Playgrounds

Kiddie Parties? hahahahaha

And then of course there are those mall and dinner dates with mom and dad and my favorite of them all – Vacations! (Bohol and Cebu getaway is up next in this blog.)
These things are on the top of my list but there are a billion more things that make me smile. Be thankful for them for they are more effective means of keeping sanity than regular trips to the shrink or just wallowing in self pity. I still feel down sometimes (I’m a human being after all) but I know I can take it. So put down the mask, drop the pretenses, decide to move on and celebrate life.
Just smile! And always keep it real.
These things are on the top of my list but there are a billion more things that make me smile. Be thankful for them for they are more effective means of keeping sanity than regular trips to the shrink or just wallowing in self pity. I still feel down sometimes (I’m a human being after all) but I know I can take it. So put down the mask, drop the pretenses, decide to move on and celebrate life.




No comments:
Post a Comment