Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Raincoat Season

Traffic in QC last week was a nightmare and Manila once again magically turned into a lake (especially around my old school). The rains have started (I agree with you Cris, the weather is kinda gloomy) and it's time to pull out those rain gear from behind the closet. I'll miss summer with all its juicy memories!!! But the rainy season has its own perks. For one, I can stay at home all day just to cozy up to our dogs, read a book, catch up on the latest TV series on DVD, or chat with friends. Or I can drop by the mall have some hot chocolate while I do people-watching, book browsing and shopping, relaxing at the spa, or movie watching (shopping is reserved for manic-depressive days).

Speaking of movies, I saw Transformers and Die Hard 4.0 last week and both are must-sees. BumbleBee is still my favorite (though I miss the beetle) and John McClaine is still the bloody, filthy, crash-and-burn-crazed police detective. The latest Harry Potter movie is sort of a drag for non-fanatics. The storyline was building up on the major conflict between Harry and Tom and there were more talking instead of the magic for which it is known for (well that was my dad's reaction anyway). But I was kinda excited to watch it anyway because I can't quite picture in my head how Sirius died (from just reading the book). By the way, July 21 is the day for Book 7, I'm sure every HP fan is pscyhed about it (borrow na lang ako ha, hahahaha).

I had my passport renewed last Saturday at the office (DFA mobile service) and spent the day with SMOM kids. Ara, Miguel, Niesha and Rafael were there and we all had a mini children's party at the office. Oh yeah, I also bought stuff for my new MacBook at the Apple Store in Trinoma (more on that soon). Mimi and I ended up in MOA last Sunday, had a seafood lunch, and talked the day away in Starbucks (near IMax). She just got back from a short vacation in the states and it was good seeing her again. The Vietnam plan was put on hold since she wasn't allowed to go on any vacation leaves any time soon (sad no Dr. MJ, Seoul na lang daw, hahahaha).

And today is my mom's birthday. We just got home from a dinner date with my dad. So yeah, I'm kinda tired. Good night! Sweet dreams everybody!

No comments: