Saturday, August 25, 2007

Christian Life Program

It felt like something was missing. Something so substantial that I knew I shouldn't have missed it. Then I realized, I've been running away from my faith for sometime now. Not that I'm thinking of converting, it's just that I craved to be part of a community again. A community of faith. Well, I'm not gonna turn into a maniacal fanatic nor that of a religious activist. I needed to be part of something great and to revive my zeal of the Faith.

So I decided to join Singles for Christ and its entry level activity is called the CLP or the Chrisitan Life Program. It's a 13-week thing where we get to meet people, listen to talks, reflect on the faith and form a support group. I'm not really new to this type of activity since I've joined something similar way back in grade or high school.

After persuading Ellen to come along with me, we headed towards Meralco to join the CLP orientation. Resie, and the rest of 4AMath people in SFC, have long since asked me to join and I would always reason out schedule conflicts. But my job was a new one now and I'm not really enrolled in graduate school so what was stopping me (I guess none). So after that work-related stuff I attended in Antipolo (at the Lopez Center), I headed straight for Meralco. The traffic was so so so congested and I ended up coming in during the latter part of the orientation. It was fun and I felt I was onto something good.

The loooong way from office to Ortigas proved to be too difficult for me. Fortunately, Ellen got a flyer for a CLP to be held near her place. So we decided to shift to a community CLP rather than continue with the corporate CLP.

Little did I know that it was gonna change my life as I knew it...

No comments: