Just when we thought the heavy rains and the storms have resuscitated dams and rice fields, the heat wave isn't showing any signs of letting up. It is still very hot and humid in the city and thanks for artificial cool air, we urban dwellers have survived. And yet, this weird weather might have gotten into my head as I was getting all these weird ideas to do. The routine was getting exhausting so I decided to account for all the things I did this year to justify to myself that my existence isn't all that boring after all. And oh boy, talk about being naughty (I hope Santa's not reading this).
I did do stuff (those things you do for the first time seemed really exciting at first and then really stupid aftewards), learned hard lessons, ate new things that can gross out your palate, said words that are rather shameful and hurtful... Been there, done that... hmmm... (really now?!?)
And yet, I was still craving for something new. So when I was contemplating about it in my cubicle, the sudden thought made me excited. Why not do something for the first time everyday? And when's the best time but now? hahahaha (oh yeah I was bored out of my mind). I didn't knew what to do so I went to my former office and asked my former boss to join me for coffee. In Starbucks, we walked in on Sir C and he treated us (free drinks yey). While sipping my hot choco, Kimby (as the nameplate showed), our barista, came over and asked if we can join her for coffee tasting. Now, however corny that might sound to you, I have never done anything like that before. So sure, let's get on with coffee tasting.
According to Kimby to enjoy Indonesia's bold Sulawesi coffee you have to do the following: 1) Smell (aroma can entice your senses) 2) Slurp (yes slurp the coffee and the noisier the better) 3) Locate the experience (well you're suppose to locate in what part of your tongue did you tasted the coffee. for bold coffee like sulawesi - you should have tasted it from the back part of the tongue) and finally 4) Describe your description (Kimby said for her it was like the smell of rain on the ground). She also said bold coffee tasted better if you eat something cheesy.
It was my first coffee tasting session (I only know the normal way of tasting it. hahahaha). It was ok and it's something you can do by yourself. However, you just gotta beware of other people looking at you strangely while you slurp away noisily at your hot cup of Sulawesi, freshly grinded and poured from a French coffee press.
By the way, I don't drink coffee.
I did do stuff (those things you do for the first time seemed really exciting at first and then really stupid aftewards), learned hard lessons, ate new things that can gross out your palate, said words that are rather shameful and hurtful... Been there, done that... hmmm... (really now?!?)
And yet, I was still craving for something new. So when I was contemplating about it in my cubicle, the sudden thought made me excited. Why not do something for the first time everyday? And when's the best time but now? hahahaha (oh yeah I was bored out of my mind). I didn't knew what to do so I went to my former office and asked my former boss to join me for coffee. In Starbucks, we walked in on Sir C and he treated us (free drinks yey). While sipping my hot choco, Kimby (as the nameplate showed), our barista, came over and asked if we can join her for coffee tasting. Now, however corny that might sound to you, I have never done anything like that before. So sure, let's get on with coffee tasting.
According to Kimby to enjoy Indonesia's bold Sulawesi coffee you have to do the following: 1) Smell (aroma can entice your senses) 2) Slurp (yes slurp the coffee and the noisier the better) 3) Locate the experience (well you're suppose to locate in what part of your tongue did you tasted the coffee. for bold coffee like sulawesi - you should have tasted it from the back part of the tongue) and finally 4) Describe your description (Kimby said for her it was like the smell of rain on the ground). She also said bold coffee tasted better if you eat something cheesy.
It was my first coffee tasting session (I only know the normal way of tasting it. hahahaha). It was ok and it's something you can do by yourself. However, you just gotta beware of other people looking at you strangely while you slurp away noisily at your hot cup of Sulawesi, freshly grinded and poured from a French coffee press.
By the way, I don't drink coffee.



No comments:
Post a Comment